FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why is the app not working?
The more information you can provide to us the easier it will be for us to find a resolution for you. It is most likely you are experiencing an issue:
- with the carrier Network
- regarding the Settings on your phone
- related to Data
Things to confirm before contacting customer support:
- Is your network services enabled?
- Is your WiFi enabled?
- Do you have a strong network and/or WiFi connections?
- Is your Cellular Data enabled?
- Is your Airplane Mode setting disabled?
- Have you closed the app completely and restarted it again recently?
- Have you shutdown and restarted your phone recently?
How do I resolve an issue where the app is closing upon launch?
Close the app completely from the background and re-launch. Then completely restart your iPhone by holding the power button and power off your phone. Then press the power button again to restart. Sometimes the iPhone needs a reset.
What if a reset does not address the previous issue with the app closing upon launch?
Hold your finger on the AskAuto icon until it begins wiggling. Press the "X" on the upper left corner of the icon. A message box will ask you if you're sure you want to delete the application, press "Delete". Note: Deleting AskAuto will also delete all of its saved data.
How do I close an app that is running in the background?
Apple has put strict limitations on developers to save battery life. When the AskAuto app runs in the background, it is true that it is using some of your battery; but it is doing it in the most intelligent and efficient manner possible. In normal day-to-day use, there should be no need to manually close applications, as the iOS operating system usually manages its own system resources effectively and maintains performance. However, should you want to close an application running in the background here are the instructions for doing so:
- To close an app completely, access the recent apps list by double-tapping on the 'Home" button.
- Locate the app that you wish to close, then tap and hold on the app's icon until the app begins to wiggle (a red minus sign will appear in the upper left hand corner of the app icons).
- Tap on the red minus sign to the close the application(s).
How do I use the VIN/Drivers License Scanning feature?
Select the appropriate scan option (VIN or Drivers License) and:
- The scanning tool will appear.
- Center the barcode between the indicators.
- Hold your phone steady.
- The application will automatically focus and scan the VIN/DL barcode.
Tips for improved scanning experience:
- Be sure to avoid glare and shadows.
- When scanning through a windshield, be sure the glass is clean.
- Hold the camera as steady as possible.
- Scanning feature will not work on devices with cameras that do not support auto-focus (e.g. most tablets and older SmartPhones). Users can manually enter VIN to research a vehicle when scanning is unsuccessful.
What do the messages do?
The messages are intended to provide you with important promotional and financial guidance from your Credit Union.
How do I enable/disable the messages feature?
The messages feature is defaulted to enabled. To disable, visit the App Settings page and disable the option to receive offers from your credit union.
What version of the Apple Operating System (iOS) does AskAuto support?
iOS 5.0 or higher is recommended.
How do I find out what version of the iOS my device is using?
Press the Settings icon on your device. Then select > General > About > and the version of the Operating System your device is running will be listed under "Version".
How do I upgrade the version of the iOS on my device wirelessly?
You can upgrade the iOS wirelessly by following these steps:
- Ensure your device is connected to a power source.
- To avoid potential data costs, connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update. The iOS will automatically check for available updates.
- If an update is available, you can tap Download to download the update.
- After the download is complete, tap Install to install your new iOS.
- If you leave the update to download in the background, you will receive a notification saying an update is available for your device after the download has finished.
- Tapping Details will take you to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Install Now to install the iOS update. Note: If you leave the installation process to complete later, a notification badge will display in your Settings until the update has been installed.
How do I upgrade the version of the iOS on my device via iTunes?
You can upgrade the iOS using iTunes by following these steps:
- Ensure you are using the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect your device to your computer using your USB cable.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- After iTunes opens, select your device in iTunes under Devices.
- Click "Check for Update" in the Summary pane to check for available updates.
- When an update is available, iTunes will prompt you to download and install the update. Note: Do not disconnect your device until the update is complete.
How do I install AskAuto on my device?
iPhone/iPad AskAuto Installation instructions:
- Open the "App Store" icon on your device.
- Search for AskAuto.
- Click the "Download and Install" button.
How big is the AskAuto application?
The AskAuto application is about 4.2 MB in size (App size = 1.0 MB; documents & Data = 3.2 MB)
The AskAuto Privacy Statement can be found on the About page in the AskAuto App itself or by clicking here
Who do I contact for support?
You can contact our customer support team via email at AskAuto@CUNAMutual.com
. Our support team will be happy to answer any questions or accept any suggestions you may have as to how we might improve our product. Your feedback is important to us and is greatly appreciated! If you had a positive experience, could you please take a moment to post your comments in an iTunes customer review?
About the Developer
CUNA Mutual Group is an insurance and financial services company. We have been helping credit unions be successful by offering them products and services for over 76 years.